Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Poem A Day Keeps the Muse at Bay

She wakes me with words
in the wee early hours
Slaps me with simile
I respond with a glower

"Don't make me write
not now, when you'd like"
I put up a fight
And head for the shower.

We wrestle for space
in a brain that's chock full
"No more!" I implore
My to-do list has pull

"Your ideas are great
and your words I should make
Don't make the mistake
of heeding my bull."

Each step in my life
makes metaphores fall
Some wish for this gift
and I cherish it all

Truely I do
When deign to take cues
and let the words through
I feel one with all.

She pushed me to blog
a poem a day
a weak link, me thinks,
But the Muse has her say

So I sit, and I type
I feel weak. I feel trite.
this poem ain't quite right
But I'm done for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment